The question of why join a cycling club is often asked. The follow-up question is why join Skylands Cycling in particular. There are many good cycling clubs in New Jersey and several people belong to more than one for different reasons, sometimes it is merely to support the various clubs in our area.
- $25 Individual Membership
- $35 Family Membership
Outlined below are just some of the reasons to join Skylands Cycling:
- Meet, socialize and most importantly cycle with others with similar interests.
- Recreation Program to provide incentives for beginner and intermediate riding members to strengthen their riding fitness and cycling skills.
- Rider Reimbursement Program to encourage volunteerism at our events and to provide support for our riders at other events, we have funded up to specific amount per payout period to divide among our members for the current season
- Twice a month Meet-n-Greet ride starting every Spring through Fall season aimed at newcomers to get a feel for club riding and meet other cyclists.
- Regularly organized recreational rides for all levels of riders. Having a time and a place to meet other riders will enhance your cycling experience. Explore new areas of Northern New Jersey.
- Social activities, such as summer picnics, camping trips and the annual Holiday and Club Awards dinner.
- Community Stewardship. It is the goal of the Skylands Board to develop ways to give back to the community. This has already begun with our junior cycling program. In addition, many members of the club participate in various charity rides together. Access information regarding cyclist safety and education.
- Skylands Cycling has a very successful racing program with team participation in Road, Triathlon, and Gran Fondo’s events. We are particularly strong in the masters and junior ranks of the sport with some members of the club having won many National and State championships. (Team Results)
- Coaching is available to our members. There are several USAC certified cycling coaches in the club, as well as many seasoned riders and racers with years of experience. These resources can help you become a better cyclist, whether to complete a 25 mile ride, do your first century (100 mile ride) or start racing. We can help!
- Participate and support the four Skylands sponsored USAC races including the famed Giro de Cilo which attracts racers from across the country!
- Team clothing is offered. Regardless of the type of rider you are, a club or team member will enhance your experience. Wearing your team colors is a proud part of that experience.
- E-mail – the club has a private members only email service. Club notices, rides, and events are sent to the members. Also, you may advise members of your rides and be notified of member rides.
- Member portal to gain access to popular routes (starting points & cue sheets), submit & manage your rides (ride leaders), find club rides, and participate on member blog.
The investment is small, the benefits can be extraordinary!