The question of why join a cycling club is often asked. The follow-up question
is why join Skylands Cycling in particular. There are many good cycling clubs
in New Jersey and several people belong to more than one for different reasons,
sometimes it is merely to support the various clubs in our area. Outlined below
are just some of the reasons to join Skylands Cycling:
Join: On-line via BikeReg
by mail with the printable form.
- Meet, socialize and most importantly cycle with others with similar interests.
- Regularly organized recreational rides for all levels of riders. Having a time
and a place to meet other riders will enhance your cycling experience. Explore
new areas of Northern New Jersey.
- Social activities, such as summer picnics, camping trips and the annual Holiday
and Club Awards dinner.
- Community stewardship. It is the goal of the Skylands Board to develop ways
to give back to the community. This has already begun with our junior cycling
program. In addition, many members of the club participate in various charity
rides together. Access information regarding cyclist safety and education.
- Skylands Cycling has a very successful racing program. Particularly in the
masters and junior ranks of the sport. Members of the club have won many National
and State championships.
- Coaching is available to our members. There are several USAC certified cycling
coaches in the club, as well as many seasoned riders and racers with years
of experience. These resources can help you become a better cyclist, whether
to complete a 25 mile ride, do your first century (100 mile ride) or start
racing. We can help!
- Team clothing is offered. Regardless of the type of rider you are, a club or
team member will enhance your experience. Wearing your team colors is a proud
part of that experience.
E-mail - the club has a private members only email service. Club notices, rides,
and events are sent to the members. Also you may advise members of your rides
and be notified of member rides. Sign-up via the BikeMail page.
The investment is small, the benefits can be extraordinary!