I hope that everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring weather! I know that I have had about enough of winter. My calendar says that it is riding season but mother nature does not agree. I just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know about some upcoming club events. Some of these we will need help with in running.
- ATS is on the calendar for Tuesday evenings. So far we are 0 for 2 in getting the series started but there is no rain\snow in the forecast for next Tuesday so maybe we will get the series started. We will need some help in running this event. Both registration and setup\breakdown. If you can help please email me directly. Setup\registration starts at 5:15. If event is cancelled it will be on BikeMail & website by 3PM.
- Thursday evening rides from Kittitinny should start soon. Please keep an eye on BikeMail for start times. LeeAnn and Eileen will be leading the 15-17 mph (fka "C") rides and Mike will be leading the 18+ mph (fka "B\B+") rides. We had fun last year with a little friendly competition between the groups and hopefully will be doing the same format this year
- Weekend Rec Rides will also start soon. This year Scott will be heading this up. If anyone is interested in helping to lead a ride or has ideas on something they would like like us to do differently please email Scott or myself.
- Police Unity Tour fundraiser is scheduled for next Sunday April 15th. Skylands Cycling runs this charity bicycle ride to help support and raise money for the Police Unity Tour. John Scully rides this event from NJ to Washington DC every year and the club also contributes money to this cause in addition to the registration fees. There is lunch provided by Sheridan's after the ride is over. The link to pre-registration is on: BikeReg
- High Point Hill Climb TT is scheduled for Saturday April 28th. This year Andrew LoGiudice has stepped up to be the race director for the event and Scott Smith will be handing the volunteer portion (Registration\road marshals) for the event. Scott will be sending a Doodle survey in the next few days asking for help so we once again put on a quality event.
Hope to see you out there on the road soon.Mike