Results 2006 - Results
Promoted by Skylands Cycling, www.skylandscycling.com
What is the Race Up Sunrise Mountain?
- The Race Up Sunrise Mountain is a 4.8 mile uphill mass
start road race on a closed course. No houses, no driveways,
- Where is Sunrise Mountain?
- Sunrise Mountain is in Stokes State Forest, just off Rt. 206,
about 6 miles north of the intersection of Rt. 15 and 206 in
Augusta. It's the second highest mountain in New Jersey. Map
- Will Sunrise Mountain be a good tune-up for the High Point
Hill Climb on May 6?
- Can I ride the legendary "corkscrew" after the
- Yes, the 3 mile twisting descent on the closed, one-way road
down the other side of Sunrise will take you back to the start in
an eight mile loop mostly through Stokes State Forest. Cue sheets
will be available.
- Is Sunrise Mountain Road the best kept cycling secret in
- Locals often wonder why more cyclists don't take advantage of
the spectacular views, deserted one-way roads and beautiful
scenery. Once you ride it, you'll be back.
- Can I win lots of cash?
- To win the cash prizes, you have to race the course twice.
There will be an A race and a B race. Top finishers from each
race will have the option of racing up again in the "repechage."
The top three in the rep will win cash prizes. (B=CAT 4,5, women,
- Why is it on a Tuesday?
- Because the Sussex County Fairgrounds has a huge horse show
going on that night.
- How much?
- The entry fee is $20.00. USCF license required. One day
licenses are available and now cost $10.00. Women and juniors
- Is this going to be fun, or what?
More questions: Bob Cary, email@example.com