It goes without saying that this has been a very challenging year for most of us. Things are opening up and most area clubs have started or will soon be starting group rides. Opinions on safe group riding vary greatly from person to person. The decision to join us for a group ride is entirely yours based on the level of risk that only you can decide on.
The Skylands Cycling Board has discussed how we will proceed with group riding in a time of the Covid 19 and we have put together the guidelines below to try and reduce the risk of spreading the virus and insure the safety of our members. The guidelines below are inline with recommendations from USA Cycling and the other area clubs.
- Sign in sheet will be required weekly for each group ride. (ride leader needs to enforce)
- If you discover that you discover that you have gotten Covid 19 and have been attending group rides, please advise Mike Garland so the other people you may have ridden with can be advised. (Your privacy will be respected)
- If you have been sick or in close contact to someone who has Covid 19- DO NOT come to a ride
- Masks are not required to ride but we advise to bring a mask just in case (start\stop point, breakdown, need a ride back to start)
- Proper social distancing in parking lot before and after ride
- If group is large we will break into smaller groups (Ride leader will sweep or appoint someone to sweep in last group) Max number of riders 10 per group
- Be aware of other riders when blowing nose (snot rockets,coughing) Go to the back of the group
- Keep some distance between other riders while riding
- Please try and group up riders of similar skill/ability